Header Ads

#Beauty : How to style your curly hair





How to style curly hair:
  • Wash your hair.
  • Use a conditioning treatment, or leave your conditioner on for 3-5 minutes. Use a wide tooth comb or tangle teezer to get rid of any knots. This is the last time you will comb your hair. Comb gently, as wet hair is more prone to breakages.
  • Rinse your shampoo and conditioner thoroughly.
  • Turn your head upside-down, and gently shake your hair to let the curls form their natural shape. I use my fingertips on my scalp to lift my hair and let the curls take shape.
  • Don’t rub your hair with a towel. I squeeze the water out instead of rubbing my hair and breaking up the curls. A microfiber towel, or t-shirt is even better as they are smoother on your hair.
  • Apply a curl cream or mousse. I used Aveda Be Curly Style Prep and Curl Enhancer. Apply the Style Prep first, then the curl Enhancer which has a creamy texture.
  • Use a diffuser to dry your hair to about 80% dry. You can let your hair dry naturally, but a diffuser is quicker and gives more volume. I used the Anthony Nader WAHL dryer to dry my hair with my head upside down. Then I flip my hair back, and check how it’s sitting. I usually restyle the front and partline, then let it be.
  • As a final touch you can use a serum or wax to add more definition to your curls. I used O&M Frizzy Logic in the ends of my curls. I also love Aveda Pure Abundance Styling Potion sprinkled on my roots to add volume.